STUDENT OF THE MONTH QUESTIONNAIRE
What companies/classes are you currently in?
- I am currently a Senior Cat and a Senior Tap Cat 1.
When did you start at Center Stage?
- I started at Center Stage when I was 5 years old in 2005.
Do you remember your first dance routine?
- My first dance was Waltz of The Flowers. I did a port de bras and some tendues and that was about it.
What was your Center Stage journey?
- I started in Jr. Cougars and worked my way up through the ranks. I rose through every level of company until I became a Cat and Tap Cat.
Why has it been worth all of the energy you’ve put in to it and the sacrifices you’ve made?
- As much work as it is, performing is also extremely rewarding, Nothing beats the feeling of pouring your heart out in front of a crowd.
Do you do other extracurricular activities?
- I am a member of National Honor Society.
Who are your role models? Whose life and values, either from your personal life or famous people, would you like to emulate?
- Lin-Manuel Miranda is an extremely talented musician, performer, composer. I admire his work ethic and passion and I hope one day to heave a fraction of his talent. I love his message of not only inclusivity in the arts, but also universal love. THese are the values I carry with me as a performer and as a person.
If you could get rid of one thing in the world, what would it be?
- I would end intolerance. Many people are unwilling to understand opinions or cultures contrary to their own, and there is a lot of tension in the world right now because of this.
If you won Power Ball, how would it change your life?
- First, I’d pay for college. Then I’d donate to the Union of Concerned Scientists to aid in the development of clean energy and environmental preservation.
Who has the career you would like to have?
- Mae Jemison was a dancer for Alvin Ailey, a doctor, and a NASA astronaut. I’d like to even more if I can.
What’s your favorite movie and why?
- The Princess Bride. Hands down. My family and I can quote that movie word for word. The comedy, nostalgia, and amazing story all blend together to form the perfect movie.
- The Book Thief is the best book I have ever read. I can’t even explain how good it is. Just trust me and read it. (Honorable Mentions: The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, and Flowers For Algernon).
TV Show you’re embarrassed to admit you used to watch?
- Unfortunately, I watched Thirteen Reasons Why. This was a mistake.
What makes you laugh?
- I can’t count how many times my Pre-Professional Acting class has made me laugh to the point of tears. Each of the girls in my class is unique, talented and hilarious. They make that class my favorite part of the week.
If you were an animal, what animal would you be and why?
- I’d be a tardigrade. They’re indestructible to the point where they can survive the vacuum of space. I can only hope to be that cool.
- College! And then who knows? Hopefully many happy surprises. I don’t know where I’m going but I know I’ll be happy wherever I end up.
Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- In 10 years, I hope to be happy. I’d love to be doing something in performing arts, mathematics, or some combination of the two. I’m open to new experiences and I can’t wait for the future.
Will you come back to visit Center Stage, or are you gone for good when you’re out the door?
- Center Stage is such a big part of my life! I grew up here and I’m sure I’ll make some reappearances in class or peeking into rehearsals. You haven’t seen the last of me yet!